It’s hard for me to believe that Hank is well into being 3 years old. I know every year brings it’s joys and challenges. But the joy this 3 year old boy brings us is overwhelming. I don’t want to forget today as tomorrow he’ll inevitably be a bit more grown up.
Here is a random list of facts about Hank at 3 years 3 months old.
- He speaks a Star Wars language. If you are unfamiliar with the SW’s characters or galaxy lingo you likely won’t understand 30% of what he says.
- He loves maps and has an uncanny ability to provide directions throughout the city. From his stroller he has directed people from our house to his preschool which is a little over a mile. When we’re driving in the city he often makes a pretty accurate estimate about what street/ neighborhood we are in.
- He loves the story of David and Goliath. One night before bed he told me that he thinks God will have him take down Goliath one day too.
- In bursts of random joy in very ordinary moments he’ll exclaim “Isn’t this super fun?!” My favorite was when he said this to a cashier at Trader Joe’s who was checking us out.
- He calls Tim’s Dad “Pops” which is funny because everyone calls him Papa J.
- His favorite toys are his magnet blocks. He will be entertained for at least 40 mins playing by himself. Love that.
- His favorite show is still Seasame Street. He particularly likes their clever parodies, Handy Manny & Star Wars Legos, are also favorites.
- His favorite books are Toot & Puddle, Corduroy, and the Day the Crayons Quit.
- He wants to be an architect or a “sky scraper builder” when he grows up.
A few quotes
- “ You know what we haven’t done in a while? Have Ice cream!”
- Whenever we put him in time-out he says ” This hurts my feelings and you’re not being kind”.
- Tim walked into the family room where Hank was playing to show him that he had buttoned his shirt incorrectly and Hank responded “Dada no one wants to see that belly button put that thing away!”
- ” Now that I’m three I’ll like the trampoline park, I was only 2 before. I’m ready now.”
- “I can’t put away my toys right now it’s too hard and i’m too tired”
- When asked to do something he doesn’t want to do ” How about I do it on Tuesday?”
- When he gets into the tub he says ” Warmy and Cozy!”
- I’m heading back to work after being home with him for three weeks “Momma i’m gonna miss you when we go back to our routines but we have to go to our jobs, we just have too.”
I’ll sure miss you too bud, but you’re right we gotta do what we gotta do. ❤